Thursday, June 07, 2007

Trying to blog more

It has been a crazy spring and we didn't want it to end this way but unfortunately my sister passed away this past Sunday. She fought colon cancer for a little over 4 years but it would seem that God needed her more than we did. I think there are a lot of us here that would disagree but she was so very uncomfortable in what her body had become that I think in many ways she is happier where she is now. We love and miss her dearly.

Because of Sandi and the way that she has handled her illness, many of us find ourselves changed in many ways. I always gave her grief about the fact that she always sounded like Pollyanna. In everything she did or anything that happened to her she always saw the silver lining. I find myself being the same way these days. I mention that it is unfortunate that she died but didn't it work out well that she didn't die two days earlier on my twins birthday. It is unfortunate that we had to cancel our family vacation and not stay at the beach this summer like we had looked forward to but then I realize that it would have meant cancelling anyway and we would not have been with her when she died because we were supposed to have checked in to the rental the day before. I guess this is one of those things that will alwyas stay with me about Sandi. She was the eternal optimist even when she was sick and confined to a bed for the last three months of her life. I know that is part of what she meant by God using her to reach others.

Ok, enough sad for this post, I have a funeral to go to this afternoon so I will get all the sad I need later today! I am going to try to post more now that I no longer need to maintain two blogs. I have gotten pretty good at blogging on a fairly regular basis, it just hasn't been here. I will try to do better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

I just wanted to take a moment to send you a message. Although I didn't know Sandi very well, I have been so touched by the events of this past week. I have no doubt that God is using Sandi for a special purpose. I also wanted to take this opportunity to reach out to you and offer my support. I, too, know what it is like to lose a sibling as my only brother died unexpectedly in 1999. The loss of a sibling is a unique kind of grief that is difficult for most people to understand so should you need to talk or if there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With respect and admiration,

Tammy (Breuer) Taylor
tammy41672@yahoo.com

Jo said...

Kristi,

I just wanted to let you know that your being thought of. Wish you were here on the beach with me. Your sister in Christ,

Jo

Cheryl (Montgomery) Earls said...

Kristi,
I'm truly sorry for your loss. Please know you are in my thoughts and I pray for God's healing grace for you and your family.

Cheryl (Montgomery) Earls

Verse of the Day