Sunday, March 30, 2008

I hereby christen you...Nebo Biscuits!

Hold on to your arteries....While I don't recommend this for the faint of heart, (or the high in cholesterol either for that matter) I have to share with you a new recipe that we developed last week while camping.

The girls and I spent the past week camping with Jo and Marty and the girls at Mt. Nebo. I have to recommend this beautiful location if you like to camp, hike, geocache or just plain love high winds! Apparently it is a great location for hang gliding but I think I will stay on solid ground or at least have a vehicle with me when I leave it! No jumping off of cliffs for this gal!

Anyway, I digress...

When you camp with the Bowies and the Hicks, I guarantee you will eat well, VERY well. Jo and I spent a few hours planning meals and then went to wallyworld to buy everything we needed. We had each meal planned out exceptionally well and were managing to stick to it until the unexpected happened! Grands biscuits apparently struggle with pressure and temperature changes and don't like to stay together as well as we would like! At breakfast on Thursday morning we found out that after frying the potatoes and the eggs and the bacon that one of the packages of biscuits had opened up and was sitting in the cooler full of ice and water. They were going to have to be discarded or eaten, one or the other. As we put breakfast on plates I looked into the skillet and realized that I had a whole lot of Bacon grease sitting there and it looked a lot like making donuts. What happened next was pure heaven on a plate, calorie consuming, artery clogging, cholesterol raising, but amazing tasting...Bacon Fried Grands!

They were such a hit that we even saved the rest of the bacon grease and used it the next morning in our quickly appended menu! Try it, you will love it!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hey, you need to come geocatching over here! That would be a challenge, eh?
Love ya and huggers!

Verse of the Day