Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The PLAN

Jo and Tammie posted a weight loss plan yesterday. We have done this before. Last time I lost almost twenty pounds and I have only gained back a couple of those, not too bad if you consider I did that over the holidays. The motivation was just not there!

I decided this year to not diet. I decided that I needed to be happy with myself and not tie it to a weight goal for a change. I know that those of you that are skinny will think that I am just giving up and deciding to go with what is easier and since diets didn't work I should just stay fat! Not entirely true. I was inspired by a post here. This woman I have never met did the same thing last year. I have been reading her blog for a few years and she is so real about things.

In honor of her idea and the fact that Jo kicked me in the pants yesterday and told me that we were doing this health thing and there was MONEY involved, I decided to look into making some changes, not a diet so to speak but a CHANGE.

I found a book that I began reading that made me realize that what I really needed was to make changes in a lot of places in my life. I don't expect for that to happen overnight but here are some of the things I have come up with...

1. I need to spend more time with God to keep my priorities straight.
2. I need to eat healthier so that I do not become diabetic with high blood pressure.
3. I need to keep my home organized so that I can find things when I need them.
(sidebar to this, if I was to die tomorrow I would be mortified for someone to have to go
through all of that!) Jo and Stacey and Tammie, sorry but Stacey is on call to clean out the
closet if I die, she will understand that part of me best!
4. I need to be a better example for my kids, I can't expect them to keep their rooms clean if I don't!

What this all boils down to is that I have some changes to make and boy, are they going to HURT! What I do know is that I have girlfriends that will be there to cheer me on and keep me on task, I will join the group of dieters and will make the change but I am not going on a DIET. I am going to start with making changes in my thinking process and see where that gets me!

Here we go.......

4 comments:

StarrChild said...

I understand exactly where you're coming from, it sounds similar to what I told myself. I didn't want to "diet" because that generally sets me up for failure. Having worked at a gym I know that having a buddy does help things out. It's hard for me because I live alone so no one will see me sneak that cookie or the big pile of paperwork or laundry or whatever lying around. Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

Jo said...

Wow!! How God works is so amazing to me. Your blog, our staff meeting, our bible study.... those aren't coincidences. I guess when we get the message in several formats in such a short time it is because we have been ignoring the small nudges that have lead up to them.

Sidebar: You under estimate me understanding your closet, but if the need was to ever arise I'll let Stacey do it because you asked. I get the computer/technology stuff though.

Remember, (and I know you know this), I not asking you to diet. I'm encouraging you to LIVE healtier.

I love you!

Tammie said...

I agree with you on the fact that this is not just a diet but changes need to be made all around for me also and I need to start somewhere so hopefully this will be just the kick in the rear that I need. Thanks for your support, help and love always.
Tammie

P.S. If Stacey gets the closet and Jo gets the computer stuff then I want the kitchen (afterall thats where the roosters are)!!!LOL :)

Tiffany said...

I get dibs on the stash...
And I'll fly home for it too!
Praying for you daily on this adventure!

Verse of the Day