Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cold weather and Knitting go together.....

Ok, before I break into song and mangle the words unnecessarily I will stop that line of thinking. It is COLD here, my girlfriends in Arkansas assure me that it is in the 30's there too and I believe them but I also realize that is about as cold as it gets in Arkansas and this is just fall here! The kids don't really believe how very cold cold can be so they are in for a treat this winter I think!

I went to get gas on my way home from taking Katie to school this morning. $2.14! Can you believe that? It only cost me $43 to fill my van. Anyone want part of the action on the new bet I have going? Bets will be taken to see how low gas will get before the election next Tuesday. I am thinking at least $1.99. Bets will also be taken to see how fast it will go back up after Tuesday! We can make side bets regarding whether it goes up faster for which candidate too! Personally I will be filling up on Monday evening and I am thinking of purchasing a few dozen gas cans and prebuying like the gas stations do, only I won't raise the price on myself when I fill my tank with gas I have already paid for!


I am finally knitting again! In the past two days I have knit a hat and scarf that will be for one of my girls for Christmas and yesterday I spent part of the afternoon winding 22 hanks of yarn into balls for my new project. I have been dreaming of this sweater since last winter when I bought the pattern book. Malkini from the Mirasol collection. I am pretty sure I am going to look just like her in it too, all drapy and skinny!The yarn for this puppy is so incredibly soft and it is a hoodie too! While Miski was too expensive for my taste last winter, it was a bargain on Ebay so I am jumping in. I still haven't started Rogue and my excuse will be that this yarn is so much more inviting to knit. Have you ever knit with Jameison Wool? That stuff is scratchy and I am sure I am going to have to take it in small bits if I am going to get that rogue done! I am knitting it in a heathered green with cream and brown for the fair isle parts. I will make sure to post pics as soon as the twins fess up to who stole my camera! You would be proud of me though, I SWATCHED it! And came out right on guage too! I was thinking I may even to up to String of Purls and join in their stitch and bitch today since I am going to be knitting anyway and that is where I bought the pattern!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

OH my... so much to say, so little I remember.
First off, come here. It's not cold.
Second, your gas people suck. Rather, my gas people suck. I stopped the pumps at $40 the other day and didn't even get 3/4ths of a tank of gas. I can't wait to pay anything less that $4 around here.
3rd, agree about the election thing. Obama will wait until he's in office to raise it to like $5 a gallon, then you only get a discount if you have a special O tattooed on your forehead.
Horray for you knitting too! I love the pattern and you're going to the gym regularlly. If you knit moderately slow, you'll be wearing a drapy sweater soon!
Hugs from Japan and send me some of that cheap gas!

Verse of the Day