Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rescued!

YEA! I managed to salvage most of the HD and this is a good thing! I got to do a little Best Buy shopping and get some new toys for the computer so on to.............


The Knitting!


I finished my gloves, they have been sitting here unfinished for a while and I finally found them the other morning and decided it was time to fix that! They are the Gardening Gloves in the Louisa Harding Accessories collection and they were very simple to make! I used her Kimono Angora yarn and it is my new favorite! I am totally in love with this yarn, it is the softest yarn ever, I did notice however that it breaks very easily so I stuck with bamboo needles so they didn't get stretched out from the weight of metal needles!


The other thing I noticed about this yarn is the fact that I am apparently allergic to Angora! This is tragic but I think I can live with my nose itching and eyes watering, especially if the yarn is this soft! Angora is not the only culprit, Sadly I have the same reaction to alpaca!



I am currently knitting the Jo Sharp scarf from the Scarf Style book to go with these! The feather and fan pattern really shows up well in the Kimono angora! We will have to wait to see if I can live with having the scarf that close to my face, otherwise it may have to end up being a gift! That would break my heart because this is the first thing I have REALLY wanted to keep for me!



Ok, more later, I have to go swatch for my olympic knitting project, It is another Jo Sharp pattern and my first cabled sweater! I chose a really pretty slate grey with a touch of blue to it, should turn out really pretty! I will try to post daily updates for the sweater and I am going to try to get finished with my other sweater before the opening ceremonies! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Verse of the Day