Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Birthday


I told myself that today wasn't going to be that bad, it is just a day after all. The thing is that we always used to make a big deal out of birthdays. Sandi and I were so close in age that we made a big deal about that month and 6 days between our birthdays. I was always excited to be two years older for that month and six days and she (as we got older) was excited to be two years younger. I never really gave any thought to the fact that now she gets to stay 33 forever! The thought vaguely crossed my mind on my birthday but my girlfriends took such good care of me that day that it didn't really have the time to dwell on it.

It doesn't help that Mom and dad and Jami and Courtney and Carol are getting together for lunch today and I am five hours away. Then they are all going out to dinner with mike and the kids. I talked to Mike earlier in the week and he said that things are OK there. The kids started school yesterday and it is the little things that I wonder if he will remember. I am sure that he does the things like pencils and paper and lunch boxes but does he remember the little things like taking a first day of school picture and making sure the ribbon in Lauren's hair matches her new outfit? I know this is hard for all of us, I keep thinking of the next hard thing that will come along, when does it get easier?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew today was Sandi's Birthday, I remembered it every year. The realization of her being gone is more than I can put into words right now. I remember so much about Sandi, that I will always treasure. I continue to pray for Mike, Logan and Lauren. Kristy thank you for the letter and the cd. Believe it or not, I remember some of those pictures, like the gymnastics picture. Sandi and I didn't get to stay in touch over the last two years, but I always did remember today was her birthday.

Love and prayers,
Dianna Villigan

Verse of the Day