Monday, August 20, 2007

The Last Hurrah....

If I had thought ahead I would have probably posted this blog entry prior to the Back to School one but hey, That was the moment we were waiting for, I got distracted!

Last Wednesday the girls and I were over at my friend Stacey's house and as we were lazing around the pool and floating in rafts she began to lament the return of school and the fact that she was going to have to go back to work. She really wanted to have a chance to go to her family's lake house one last time before school started but she wanted to be back for church on Sunday because she had missed a bunch over the summer.

As we sat there, she got that look in her eye and asked me if I could back the boat into the water. Being me, I said, "Of course!" The plan began to take form in our minds and we decided to call some other friends to join us. Sadly Tammie had important doctors appointments scheduled and was unable to join us but Jo jumped at the opportunity to bail on work and join us and we invited Desiree, who is the wife of our new Music director at church. Funny side note here...turns out I was on the Mothers of multiples club board with Desiree's sister Angie for two years before Angie moved to Germany! How strange is that!

Thursday morning we got things together and got ready to head up to Greer's Ferry Lake where the Davis family has their lake house and we got our belongings stowed. Stacey and I decide to try to get the boat out and get ready to go swim.

Now...bear in mind that I was thinking something small, like a ski boat or such. Stacey was thinking Party Barge! That thing was massive! Maybe it wasn't that big in reality but when I saw what I had so boldly stated I could manage, I have to admit, I got a bit nervous! After much preparation and some phone calls to Don, we finally head over to the boat ramp where I am proud to say, I got the boat in the water and Stacey got it started! The first time was almost a comedy of errors and questions and learning curve but we managed! All of us learned a great deal about boat maintenance and care and we had a great time. Stacey complimented me on getting the boat in the water and I laughed and said that I was surprised at how easy it was considering I had never done it before! I thought she was going to pass out, she had thought I knew how and I just had confidence in my ability to learn how!

Katie of course had to show us her pouty side, I swear it is PMS starting! Poor Kevin, he doesn't even know what is coming, his sister was older than he was so he probably missed the puberty stage with her!

We had a great time. We had 4 women, 6 girls age 7-11 and two boys ages 2 and 3. We put the boat back in on Friday and got some more sun and fun before we had to head back for naps. Jo's husband Marty and Stacey's husband Don came up Friday night and played cards with us before we all headed back home Saturday morning!

Can't wait for next summer! Only 284 days to go!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Verse of the Day