Monday, August 06, 2007

What have I been knitting lately?

Mei recently posted and wanted to know what I had been knitting lately...

While I would like to say that I have knocked out Rogue this summer(which of course the yarn is present and paid for and waiting patiently), or that great cabled sweater by Jo Sharp that I have the yarn for, I haven't seemed to have the bandwidth to sit down and do anything complicated!


Apparently all I can manage right now is Dishcloths! (ok, I have three socks on the needles too but those are doing nothing for me right now!) I have knit I don't know how many of the Mason-Dixon washcloth this summer, I am addicted! Maybe someone needs to gently but firmly remove my circulars from my hands and hand me something other than dishcloth cotton. It has been so long since I was in a yarn shop that I have almost forgotten what wool feels like! I even placed an order with elsmore-pisgah for cones of cool colors of dishcloth cotton so that I didn't have to run to buy more all the time! YIKES!

I vow that as soon as I take this current washcloth off the needles I will cast on something less functional and more FUNctional!

1 comment:

Mei Travis said...

LOL - I go in and out of the dishcloth phase myself. I love knitting them, because in a day or two, you have an FO, they don't get your lap all sweaty, and they stuff easily into a purse. Plus when Christmas rolls around, you'll have dozens of gifts! What's not to love about 'em?

Verse of the Day